Total Hours: 160
Number of Lessons: 80
Instruction Language: English or Cantonese
Introduction of mobile app programming. As an informative start with the basic programming concepts, sequential logic and UI design, Stage 1 is the foundation stone that prepares the aspired for the endless possibilities in the world of app development.
Students will learn how to build complex games using interactions, database and advanced animations.
Featured Projects: Diamond Hunter, Fun Fact Quiz, Click Hero
Learn how to build utility apps that interact with web data using HTTP requests, APIs as well as calling native system functions through your mobile apps.
Featured Projects: Running Tracker, Expense Tracking App, Compass
The Application Phase: Compiling programming concepts to code digital innovations that change the world.
This phase exposes students to practical functionality and principles employed in real-life products (eg. design-thinking and user journey) that are essential in real-life digital product ideation.
- Learn core programming logic and prototyping in a mobile app environment
- Expose to the basic technical app development workflow in the real-world: user interface design, code and deploy
- CS concepts & logic structure: event and event handlers, conditionals, data structures, basic control flow
- Learn how users interact with phone and screens e.g. notification pop up, dragging, tapping, positioning
- Understand, write and apply functions and parameters to create customised response for a user action
- Other CS concepts: local vs. global variables, nested conditionals, arithmetic and logical operators like assignment, value increment
- Learn how data are stored temporarily and permanently on local database and on the Cloud
- Apply the CRUD methodology on data storing to manipulate data
- Other CS concepts: For loop, while loop, database creation
- Multiple screen creation (Home, Game, End, Tutorial Screen and side bar)
- Introduce how to program, store and display an ever-changing level system
- Basic gaming concepts: background music, gaming control panel, transition effects on screen change
- Learn how to create timer and counters, progress bar, and simple animations with static images
- Learn how to save and access the most up-to-date status of the game
- Advanced gaming concepts: In-app shop system, login system, upgrade and reward system
- Advanced animation: code animated gifs with multiple frames, loops and indexing
- Learn about the logic behind web browsers and its application on Apps (URL, domain suffixes, HTTP vs. HTTPS)
- Explore how Google Map works e.g. navigation with maps, creating landmarks, rating and reviews
- Learn how to send text messages (SMS) and put through automated phone calls (call native function)
- Images and Text sharing on social media like Facebook and WhatsApp
- Integrate location sensor for location detection, calculation of Latitude and Longitude
- Introduce pedometer sensor for steps count and time tracker
- Invent, design, code, deploy your personal project on your own
- Design and plan your project’s objective and value proposition
- Code and build your prototype based on your user story: from back-end to user interface
- Explore functionalities outside of App Inventor using third-party plugins to extend the features of the app
- Learn about product planning and apply design-thinking principles that resemble typical digital product development: empathize with users, define problems, ideate solutions, prototype creation and test run
Suggested Monthly Learning Path
- Tailormade materials
- Personalized pace
- Progress check via solo projects and exercises
- Learn through collaborations and communication
- Apply knowledge in real-world context
(4 LESSONS)For new learners who are just getting started and prefer intensive individual training
(20 LESSONS)Get greater results through combined training: 1-on-1 classes + 5 free Hackathons
Learn the latest and greatest programming skills through group challenges
Sign up for the program via email, phone, or on our website. You will receive a registration form with a few additional questions about your technical skills and background.
No, we will prepare you with everything you need from the first lesson to the last.
Yes, it is necessary for students to bring their own laptop to class. Both Mac and Windows work.
Our curriculum is personalized by the learning feedback stored in our A.I. system. Our system can easily pinpoint the area of learning weakness for a student and tweak learning materials to make targeted improvements so the student can progress quickly.